View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 07:48 AM

Prop Shaft is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Capo 1:8 Jeep CD15823

I found it necessary to trim most of the rubber grommets off the servo wires. They are awful close to the horns and I was worried about them rubbing. I needed to get a sharper bend out of them. Also zip tied them to the servos to keep them clear.

Added a washer to the rear bumper mounts.

And got the servo bank all mounted up.

Front links assembled.

Mounted to axle.

Filled the shocks with oil. Don't forget the slime!

Decided to use some purple spacers here as there was over 2mm of slack.

And this is where the real problems started. After getting everything mounted up. I noticed the travel up front was being limited by something. Turned out the axle was hitting the pan-hard bar mount. The immediate fix was to extend the pan hard bar but then the axle was WAY off center. At least it looked it to me... Others might not have noticed but it was driving me nuts. Notice how much shock travel is left at full compression.

What I ended up doing was shimming the steering box/pan hard mount off the frame a bit to give it more clearance. And living with the axle being just a bit off center. It rubs now, but at least it has almost full travel now. Hoping after things break in it wont be an issue.

And heres where I'm at now with it. I spent a large portion of the day on this thing but the progress doesn't seem to show it. Its slow going being as meticulous as I am with something with so many parts....