View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 09:03 PM

Prop Shaft is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Capo 1:8 Jeep CD15823

I wasn't able to get to work on this last night, but i managed to get a few hours in tonight. After making sure everything was thread locked and tighten up on the front end, I noticed yet another issue. This it the pass side sitting normally.

And this is under full compression. Notice how much shock travel is left, and that the steering link is touching the frame.

My solution was to bent the steering link into more of a strait link then the bend it came with. Seeing how it needed to be lengthened anyways, it worked out perfect. Steering kink as it came in the kit.

And after a date with a vice and some pliers.

End result. Problem solved. Link now touches the frame right at full compression.

Here's the rear diff lock cable installed.

And the front diff lock cable.

Rear bumper beam/frame x member.

Bumper installed.

Then I came across an issue with the front frame mounting to the middle frame bars. The holes they say to screw into in the manual isn't threaded. You can clearly see where it was drilled out after anodizing.

My solution was to put a nyloc nut on a longer bolt.

The manual states m2x6 screws to mount the wheels on. But as you can see, theres maybe 1-1/2mm of thread sticking out the back side of the wheel. I chose to use an 8mm screw instead.

We have a ROLLER!

Front bumper installed.