View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 02:23 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something new to rc

So I finally got my air drill home yesterday (gone 2 weeks), hooked up to Big Red and activated the hyd lever for fan/manifold/auger... even though 3pos lever on seed cart was set to fan, apparently some oil still flows through auger circuit... and my view from the cab to see the conveyer with air drill in transport is not great... about 20 hyd fittings & I forgot to tighten only one - sprayed the seed cart tank & conveyer & air drill... ohhhh what a mess in less than 3secs, probably less than half a gallon, but it painted everything with oil.

With the tube screw auger before, that double pivot arm off the main arm was 16 inches length, but with this rectangular shaped conveyer that arm had to be 40 inches and with the now added leveraged weight it made it impossible for me to manually move that arm out away from seed cart so I could get the discharged end of the conveyer to clear the top railing & tank fill doors. So then I had no choice but to add a 2" bore, 12" stroke hydraulic cylinder.

I got my welder/fab man coming tomorrow to change the hyd cyl mount on the main arm so when the cyl is fully retracted it pulls that 40" arm back even further. Plus I need a metal hanger added to other end of 40" arm to support the hyd hoses up out of the way of pivot points.

The conveyer needs to be atleast another foot to the right of the picture so I can get my tank lids open to fill.

The supports for transport were simple enough to fabricate. I just got to add puck board for a wear/rub strip where the aluminum contacts on the upper & lower steel support.

The conveyer itself runs awesomely quick & smooth & QUIET!!! hmmm sweeeet

Joe