Thread: Mack R Model
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 07:22 PM
CEO of bend over motors."WE DRIVE IT HOME!"

spudd has a spectacular aura aboutspudd has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Mack R Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmackattack View Post
Thanks guys....i Will keep pics comong as i progress ..

Love to talk trucks no hi jacking here.....My work truck is a "gold dog" Mack RD- 300 / 2 stick 6 speed (5 speed) on camelback. It rides ok wheel loaded but does kick you when empty. For me I love that trans for where I drive all day. I barely have to shift and I can lug her down and she comes right back. I do lowboy work and the little R model can get in and out of those tight spots with ease. The E7 300 was rebuilt by mack and turned up. Its a great running city truck.....We have a few other trucks at work with 8LL and 18 speeds and the 5 speed is so much nicer in chicago traffic. But that's just my opinion...the worse riding truck I have been in was a Mack on walking beam. I think the tires spend more time in the air than on the pavement!
is your RD a steel fender or tilt hood......I did a restore on a steel fender RD a few years back for a guy....it was kinda funny cuz when I asked him why the truck meant so much to him he told me he lost his virginity in that truck and didn't even have a partner in there with him LOL
I grew up MACK as my dad owned a
Mack dealership so I love the bulldogs great lookin truck so far

RIP FREDDYGEARDRIVE