View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 10:46 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Hey kp, I've had some steep learning to do in the computer side of this cnc adventure. The actual machine is simple. And it's nice to be able to do simple things like face or pocket right at the machine without having to make a program at computer. When I first got this I couldn't find anything on break in or set up. Well they run them through a breakin routine and it's not necessary for customer to do. Right out of crate it was perfect and accurate. I did do a lot of research on retro fitting my grizzly mill verses this tormach. A bit more $ but I'm not piecing together something and I really didn't want to learn how it works but rather how to work it. I basically just got what I thought I needed to get by during the learning process. I have switched out the flood coolant to the fogboster ( air blast with minimal coolant). Way better for alum chip evacuation and not as messy. And with dehumidifier running in shop to keep rust down and forced hot air furnace the coolant was being depleted pretty quick. I didn't want to be messing with adding water and not knowing concentration without checking s.g. I do want to get the air drawbar and rotary table 4th axis. And probably get the touch screen shortly just for ease of use. I did get the probe but wish I would have just got the hiemer zero set probe. After a little bit of learning the pathpilot (similar to Mach 3) controller is pretty easy to understand. I don't think I will ever get the tool changer or enclosure. Unless I start doing more steel. If you are looking at these, take my word for what it's worth. ( I'm just a beginner) the machine is pretty solid and I am very happy with it. Plus it's about 20k cheaper than a hass mini mill!! And it's been approved by fat malbert, he just sleeps next to it while running and air compressor kicking on/off!!
My wife's mother was down to see it and she just doesn't understand why I spend $ and countless hours making this stuff just so I can sit in a chair and play with remote control toys!! Had to explain the idea of my mancave and being a manchild!!! Lol!! Parents just don't understand!!!!