View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 02:33 PM

izzzul is on a distinguished road
Default Re: KOMATSU Excavator from Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Wow, that's impressive! Your home made radio, with 4 sticks is also really something to behold! Very creative. Hard to believe the small bevel gears you used for the track drive actually held up for so long. That is incredible.
Yes, i was surprise too, it was titanium grade, that's why, maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Kool!!! good to see you upgraded to the 21st century Izzzul and got yourself some computer radios.. the smoothness of control is much better, eh?!

Izzzul's pics are deceiving Nathan, his hoes dwarf the Vario & those 'lil' bevels are likely 25mm dia? Grinder angle drives, what an ingenious & perfect fit to your creations, they look like they were made for the application, very nice!
Yes Joe, I'm finally on entering the cyber world..this one has nice but complex twist...like it, but to learn a lot..25mm dia bevels are no match for 50kg monster.. I like the look of the grinder head myself....it's very strong and big..about 55-60mm in dia..

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8R View Post
Looks good with the new drives (from any 5" grinder I guess).
Whats the size of tires on the Volvo dumper?

Dan
Dan, yes my grinder-head track works great...and the tires are about 100-110mm dia, it's a hand made from solid rubber role, hand crafted the treads..very heavy and stiff...but it works fine with my models, so far so good..