View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 04:17 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rc4wd excavator valve question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommydude88 View Post
hi guys... just wondering if any of ya's have done a valve rebuild on ya 4200xl yet. mine has lost it ability to hold the arm up when the pump is off, I mean all the rams just creep and lose all their preasure real quick. when I first got it was sweet at holding pressure now not so good. strength wise pump is good she still got plenty of power but yea lil bit stumped and don't realy want to pull the valve apart and wreck it completely or something like that. cheers guys
It's a quite common problem with this machine...the original valves works okay for a couple of months, then internal wear starts showing off...Of natural reasons the expiring date is not mentioned in the sales ads..
There is several at this forum who has replaced pump or valve, or both with high end components. The rams seams to work with low level of issues over time. Just need to replace a o-ring now and than, natural wear (as is the case with high end rams too)
What many do is going for the best option at once; as change to e.g a Premacon x3 valve block, hardened steel, much more high preseason and more gaskets than in the original block..About 300 USD incl servoes & servo brackets, + order a lengt of the 4 mm tube, + a thread sealer to use on all threaded fittings. (Hydraulic fittings and hoses can be reused, but don't use the transparent hoses on the pressure side, only on the return to tank)
The original pump holds the fort a bit longer than the valve block, but it's quite greedy when it comes to power consumption..(As a factor in the race to keep costs down I suspect one has aimed for avoided installing a transmission on the pump (as the high end pumps) and installed a fairly oversized cheap low rpm motor that the pump can handle on direct drive)

Last edited by Rimrock; 12-02-2015 at 04:32 AM.