View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 02:43 PM

Blender is on a distinguished road
Default Re: International Genetics Construction

Made some progress on the TH407C telehandler. Before paint it was up and running as 2WD/4WS without the telescope. I was having trouble with load holding when the pump slowed down, so no video. I assume I poorly set center on the valves.

Battery life was poor at ~6 minutes on a 2S 1000Mah pack, so I'm redesigning the cab to accept a larger ~2400 Mah pack.

Construction is all steel and brass. Axles are 3d printed as alumitide.

showing 150mm telescope. May only get 140mm depending on the cylinder I use.

Quick disconnect via vertical drop in. I'll need to add a lock down fastener because I did unhook it once while the model was powered up and running.

Front steering by a HV micro servo. It's a little optimistic with its specs (8.27cm-kg/114oz-in), but it can turn the front wheels on carpet with a load on the forks

Changed to a Magom HRC pump for higher pressure, but swapped out the motor and the reservoir to allow fitment. Each cylinder is supplied with a tiny 1.2mm ID line. Bigger lines won't fit or bend where I need them too.

Tight fit even with 2 spool valve block. I'll pick up a 3x once I decide on the telescope cylinder. The leimbach 150mm stroke cylinder is the fall back, but I want to try customizing the Rc4WD/China cylinder first

Not much progress on the Scania. Needs the bed brazed, deck built and the tranny mounted.