View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 05:13 PM

pyrosrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tech help needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman3725 View Post
Battery is fully charged right out of the box, I checked it on a balanced charger too. I see the turntable esc working fine, the red led changes when I push the lever. The other esc's blink a rapid led flash and are constantly beeping. Like I said this machine is brand new so I'd be hard pressed to believe something failed after 2 minutes of use, unless something was wired incorrectly
i haven't (yet) had experience with a excavator but, on my rock crawler when i switch it on the escs will always do nothing, to get it to work you have to hold the controller at dead zero for a second or two before the esc will prime (its a saftey feature) so the pump not starting up could be as simple as setting the pump to off and playing with the trim. if it is a brushed motor on the pump then checking the output voltage on the esc can rule out the motor being dead or the pump seized if there is no voltage. or if there is voltage then you will have to check the motor/pump. can you turn it by hand/can you hear it trying to turn? if there is no voltage then you will know it is the esc causing the misery.
If the esc/pump is brushless (3 wires) then testing is much harder unless you have a spare motor you can plug in for testing.

I have the A9 its a nice radio, go to the monitor window and check that the pump trim is set to dead centre (i would assume) so that the esc can arm

Last edited by pyrosrock; 12-31-2014 at 05:15 PM. Reason: spelling