Thread: CAT Truck
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 04:53 AM
Green Horn

Goose19 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CAT Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Control Trucker View Post
With the way all the trucks are starting to look alike and the environmental groups making emission control decisions that affect the performance of our rigs, I’m just as happy to have fond memories of my driving days

I’m content now to have my radio control replica trucks

- RCT
i really hope one day i can look back with the same attitude!

the cat truck seems to me to be a yellow strange looking version of the old paystar series. when they were first announced, they were supposed to be severe duty/ oilfield trucks, and i had heard they where going to have an actual cat engine, not the maxxforce. i know a few guys with maxxforce engines and theyre happy as can be with them, one i know is a 15L, the other i would assume is aswell ( does the same work as me, very difficult to load 40+ ton on the deck and ask a 13l to move it)

on another note, if you take an isx cummins, set the power just under the maximum and have the egr plugged, put a higher CFM exhaust manifold on it with a aftermarket turbo, they perform quite well. i do understand that we the consumer shouldnt have to do that as a necessity to get performance and efficiency out of our engines, but thanks to the folks at CARB, this is where we are. :S

anyway im done for now. LOL