View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Green Horn

JensR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: how to change controls on Spektrum DX6i?

@Travis
I was indeed talking about the more complicated light arrangement that people like to use. As they can get quite expensive (and sometimes large), they might want to have only one, which is active all the time. Not sure how that would be done best.

Looking forward to you ESC test. I, too, would expect the signal-switching to work.

@Footprint
Thanks for insight regarding the user-interface. I think I know what you mean by boxing-in. I have loosely planned of having the big structures (mixers, servo modes, number of channels,...) programmed in the source code, but adjusting the percentages via buttons and a menu. New world for me. Thanks also for your kind motivational words!
Good luck with your project, it seems you are coming along nicely, considering the problems you mention!

> One issue with your servo to switch suggestion is programming in the end limits so your not trying to drive it past the throw limits,

I cannot imagine going back to a non-computer radio, so I don't regard this as a problem.

> obviously setting the horn at the right length will help but then there is the issue of leverage with microservo's vs switching loads on miniswitches.

There's no need to have a huge servo-rotation. Mount the switches close to the centre-position of the servo and you do not need to take into account too much angle-deviation/leverage.

> I think he is referring to RFI from switching hi current loads

Ah, that makes sense. Yes, the electronics of the servo can act as an antenna. Still surprised that you'd fry a servo - disturbance yes, but destruction?

I must admit that I only understand half of your corrections :-/

RC - this is for the frequency of the oscillator, but I don't know how the calculation works with regards to the timing of 1ms.
Rx (receiver) instead of Tx (transmitter) is clear.
Gate B connected like Gate A, but with negator - also understood.
Varipot/trimmer -also understood
gear channel also understood - on a proportional system you might still get problems moving the stick through neutral?
I have no idea about the what and how of additional resistors and protections

I think all options presented here have their merits. It depends on what you can do skillwise, spacewise, moneywise - and timewise.
One might be able to use ready-made electronic switches - but I do not have the necessary understanding of whether these would work.

Cheers
Jens