Thread: Chroming parts?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Green Horn

dmess62 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Chroming parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I was wrong about it plating plastic, but it plates copper and some other metals. Ill have to keep that sanding thing in mind if i decide to try it. It sound super simple in the directions it gives on the site. I havnt tried pricing what a shop would charge to plate a few things but im sure its not too bad. But if you had the means to do it yourself at home would you want to do it yourself? I would. Idk maybe ill try it as it could be quite usefull for future builds i have planned where there are lots of little parts that will need to be chromed. But my only concern is the durablity of the DIY kit.. how does it stand up compaired to full dipped parts? heres the link you can check it out yourself.
http://www.micromark.com/plug-n-plat...-kit,8327.html

That looks pretty cool Aaron. Be sure and let us know how it works if you decide to get it. A lot of possibilities if you could do it yourself where as the cost of having it done might not be worth it for just a few small parts.

Dave