View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 03:44 PM

JonBailey is on a distinguished road
Question Question about front bumpers.

On Tamiya 1/14 tractors, such as King Hauler, does the front bumper attach to the chassis or directly the hood/fender/cab/sleeper assembly? I have no experience building scale trucks or Tamiya products.

If I were to order a custom finished/painted Kenworth W900 cab/hood/door/fender/sleeper/interior assembly from a place like True Scale RC, would I get a new front bumper or just use the original one supplied in the kit?

Would I also retain the original lower chrome hardware as cab steps, fuel tanks, tool boxes and battery boxes?

I am also asking this question with installing the optional Tamiya MFCU in mind. That is what my sleeper is for.

I have given up on my earlier custom cement mixer idea altogether due to its foreseeable complexity and cost.

I have lowered my sights to a 5th wheel tractor with custom KW cab as it seems more practical a venture to dive not so deeply into
as would jumping off a high cliff into a mixer truck be. The current RC market seems more conducive to building tractors (bobtail trucks) than mixers.

I am now finding out that the day cab for a mixer won't work anyway since I have the MFCU in mind. A mixer would look stupid
with a sleeper and I don't want blacked-out driver cab windows.

After doing some thinking over, I realize a plain old tractor might be a safer bet to get into scale RC trucking.

Last edited by JonBailey; 02-12-2016 at 03:55 PM.