View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 1950 Kenworth Needlenose

I know the updates have fallen off pace a little, but with summer here, I've been busy doing a lot of other things outside. I think everyone's builds have experienced the same problem, but I have been working on my truck at night, or when it's to hot outside! Here is the latest...

I decided to make a cross brace for my stack mounts, to make them more rigid. The stacks are pretty tall, and I thought it would be a good idea to tie them into the chassis at more then just one point. While I was at it, I also machined a deck plate. It was the most time consuming thing I've done so far, I think! I lost count after 315 holes, but it looks cool. Cheese grater and all.... It also hides the screws that hold my planetary gearbox to the chassis, so it kills two birds with one stone.

Honestly, there isn't a ton of machining left to do with this truck. Some small things, but it's getting ever closer to completion, which amazes me! Kind of. Next up, I've got to work on my 5th wheel plate, some cab details, and some mounting plates for the electronics. Hopefully those parts will go a little faster, as long as I don't have to drill to many holes! Whew...

Last edited by Espeefan; 06-26-2013 at 02:11 PM.