View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Weekend Gear Jammer

Exthood359 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: my new hobby truck

Thanks guys yes a little elbow grease has payed off. I have the rims at the buffing house as we speak......They are going to cut them on Monday and I will be able to pick them up on Wednesday. So I hope by this coming weekend to have some more pics to show off. The truck is at a shop and I had all the fluids dropped and new put in and they have created a list of things that need to be addressed. They are doing some like a universal joint bad, steering sector bad, couple brake cans bad, did some small items on the engine which turns out not to be a small cam 350 but a big cam 400 which is a plus. A lot of the items I can do myself but it is nice to have the professional tell you what is up........Once I get the truck on Thursday I will stop by Vanderhaag's a used truck/ salvage yard and see what they will give me on the headache rack on the back. I get that thing off the truck and the rims all buffed out that will change the look a lot. Then I will start working on cutting the fuel tanks out. I have a new CB radio, speaker, and JVC CD player for the truck also which I will work on installing once I get it back did not see the need to have in truck while at the shop.......

Slowly but shirley getting there. I also have a friend that has a parts truck and I bought the main dash and second lower dash off him and about 10 or 12 items out of the cab to make my cab interior complete. Oh a nother friend has a Pete and he took his horns off to put 7 cab lights on and he gave them to me they need a good cleaning but are nice so like I said slowly but shirley.