tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Logging & Construction Equipment

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucker n View Post
lou the log loader is looking sweet and i love those tires for the adt
Thanks Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
nice tires Lou , I remember seeing them but where :scratchhead: . How much wider than the mammoth tires are they ? the forwarder is looking great .

IHSteve
Thanks steve theres a ADT build Bell 50
on one of the german forums .Das baushmachine i think you may have seen ...they are the same width as the mammoth but are an inch smaller in diameter makin them look wider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Gee Lou, I replied to your thread so long ago, I'm totally amazed by everything that you've added and accomplished since then. I wish we had email notifications on the thread replies. I didn't realize you had so much up your sleeve! The AWD grader looks like a really great project. I really like that Deere juicer, as you call it. Not one of your projects is lacking in detail, functionality, and just pure scale looks. Unbelievable work. You've got a ton of talent, and all your models are top notch. After drooling over the last 6 pages of pictures, I feel like I should offically sell off all of my non scale trucking RC models and just go for the construction machines to match my interest in the rigs. This spectrum of the hobby is just so much more fasinating to me these days. I hope I can one day own a hydraulic anything piece of RC machinery!
Thanks alot Nate Once you get your first one you wont be able to stop lol..this rc trucking hobby can be very adicting...One of these days i may tackle a truck build like yourself and always look forward to seeing updates of your work as well..cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Field Construction View Post
Lou, that is some sweet looking plumbing you have done on the log loader! And those tires are awesome!!
thanks Kevin getting close and almost ready to do some testing ...these tires would look super on that ADT of yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallHaul View Post
The lines on the boom look perfect Lou. If you filled those huge tires with bb's they would have some serious weight to them.
Thanks scott these already are fairly heavy and having bbs would give some serios traction

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
Those tires look pretty good for the ADT.

Nice looking brass work on the hyd lines too.
Thanks Pugs Im not sure if im gona use them on this ADT yet with Tires being a little smaller then the mammoth tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snochaser View Post
It's all looking real good!! Love the plumbing and new tires.

Ben
thanks ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
TnTLou-looking really good!!
Thanks Tom im pretty excited about this one as I will have something fun to do and practice this winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpusher9 View Post
Nice work Lou, what size tubing did you use? Do the tires have a pretty thick side wall on them, where they can withstand some weight?
Joe they do have a very thick sidewall about a 1/2 inch thick..
The tubing im using is 1/8 od from K&S stock # 1145

Thanx everyone and rctech9 for all the great compliments and comments,,Im a pipefitter by trade and doing this small stuff can be very frustrating ...turning some of those small barb fittings was a chalenge and i wrecked about 5 trying