View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 1950 Kenworth Needlenose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky-pete View Post
That's a killer start Nathan......I will be watching(no pressure)but hurry up.
Thanks Troy! No pressure, buddy! I do hope this build goes a little quicker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainfarmer View Post
Nice project. Looks fabtastic!
Thanks Frank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Nathan, The needle nose is coming along at LIGHTSPEED. I still think your having way to much fun on that mill. So you'll have it running in a week or so? It looks great! Keep the updates coming!
Kent, thanks. I wish it was moving along at light speed, but it's not. It's not exactly a snail's pace either, so I'm happy with that. It probably could run within a week, as the chassis only needs a servo drag link, a tie rod to steer, and the rest of the electronics could just be thrown on top! The cab isn't attached yet, but I'd have a roller at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Nathan a Suggestion why don't you split the cab right down the middle and widen it as wide as you want it. Then epoxy some strips down the inside were you opened it up and then use some Lab Metal to fill the outside of the cab were you widened it. You could ad some material to the wheel wells they look a little to narrow. Ed
Thank you Ed. I don't think I will attempt to widen the cab. I'm a horrible bodyman. I don't want to loose the needlenose proportions either. I don't mind it being narrow. I think it looks great. I've already built the chassis to suit it. That was easier, in my mind. Both the cab, and cab base, would have to be wider, to match. That's way to much work for me! Someone else could try it?

Anyway, I have some updates, but not enough time to post all the photos. So here is a teaser. It will have to do for now. More to come, for the weekend!