View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 02:13 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Quite the buzz with the talk of two trucking ... I made a vid yesterday, but using a headband camera holder to film, I never know where the darn thing is pointing & most of it was with the camera too high & can't see the 2nd trk.

So I did it again just before dark tonite & this time the camera is almost too low to show the 850 loading the trks ... but the trks are view 90% of the time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1-6...ature=youtu.be

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
I have heard a lot of bad things about the "mammoth" trucks but if I remember correctly you have had yours for a long time. Have you done up-grades to it or is it stock. Looks like it hauls a nice size load.
I've had this Mammoth since it 1st came out. All that I have changed is put one of Willy Loewer's WWR 7.2v motors in it, the motor is about half the rpm of the kit motor making it a little easier too drive in small areas.

Right from the start I had this rc on a 4ch stick radio & added an esc for the dump motor drive. The esc is plugged in through Plus 1 unit to make use of the built-in limit switches, as well as Y'd to a separate ch. It'll dump with the trk moving forward at half throttle, but not in reverse.

I suppose the bad things you heard was the dump wouldn't work correctly b/c with too much weight on the steer axle, the servo for steer couldn't turn sharp enough to activate the dump? The separate esc on a separate ch fixed that.

This Mammoth hauled close to 3cubes in the summer of 2005 up a 17 degree incline with about half of the dirt shown above on its back. The entire trip up the ramp, the left front tire was about a half inch in the air all the way to the top, that's how much torque that was put on the chassis to climb such a steep grade! It's been a great haul trk.

The wooden roadway across the grass shown in the vid, that was the ramp I made in 2005 to climb out of the basement.

Joe