View Single Post
Old 02-25-2024, 11:01 AM
Craftsman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Michigan T-24 project

I've slowly been finishing this up... for the most part just need to do some tweaking on buckets and chokers and accessories...
Anyway I kind of had to paint this side because I filled the holes from the toys crank assembles and such keeping to my theme of patch work repairs....

This is my dragline bucket...I haven't tried it out to much just trying to get the geometry right...

You can see my clam shell in the background, I haven't even started on it yet...

Here it is in travel mode....

A shot of the cable bridle..

And my dragline bucket.... I'm pretty sure I need to shorten the rear chains, and maybe bring them down lower on the bucket, and move the front yoke out to the sides cause it hangs up on the arch, plus I think it needs a little more weight on the front to get it to drop better

I settled on these rims, I think they looked the best ....

My headlight bucket kind of stuck out on the passenger side so I just made a little cover...

It's actually the toolbox step from my 56 Ford dump truck...just stretched out

Even added a few accessories

And for you thrill seekers... here is a warning on the 1mm string I'm using for my chokers ..."Do not use for climbing"

I want to thank you guys for blazing the trail so to speak on the T24 builds...It went way easier than I thought it would but you gave me a pretty good road map to follow.
This will be primarily a clam shell and simple lifting crane I have plans for a Tonka tracked dragline and that will be it's sole purpose...
I still need to see just how much I can lift with this not that it really matters just want to see....As I get more details done and the buckets tweaked I'll up date as I go....