View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 06:03 PM

crueby is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat 340D Excavator build

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmckee54 View Post
How do you work that fast in Fusion? Is it practice, practice, practice? Fusion still feels slow and confusing to me, but then I really haven't logged that many hours in it yet - only a few.

I'm used to Autocad 2D, and most of the 3D work that I do is in Designspark3D. At the time I was first learning 3D CAD, that was easier to understand than Fusion 360. Still is, but I know it's not nearly as powerful as Fusion 360.

Don
Hi Don,

Yes, I have been getting a lot of practice in Fusion, first started using it a few years ago for my Lombard log hauler model, then for the Marion steam shovel which was a huge project, plus several rc submarine and small engines. I never used any CAD programs before, which may have helped with nothing to unlearn on other workflows. I only use it for modeling and drawing, don't use any of the other functions. With all the practice it does feel intuitive now, at first was very confused till I watched some of thier tutorials. Doing as much as possible in sketches then extruding or rotating helps a lot since changes to the sketch get propogated forward to the parts. I still run into problems now and then, some bugs, but overall I really like it.