Thread: life question
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 07:08 PM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: life question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkycuda View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with RCT. If in school, take widely different elective classes - you never know what might light a fire in you. I know many people today guide you to whatever job pays the most, but payment comes in many forms and working at something you are passionate about makes up in so many ways for lower $$s. What is it that you really like to do? Identify those things and look for jobs that satisfy that desire. I've been very fortunate to work at the same company for 45 years, and filled many positions. But the one I've done the most is what I've enjoyed the most - teaching heavy equipment technicians and troubleshooting technical problems. Not everyone is as lucky, but look for what makes you get up in the morning and want to do all day. Perhaps people change jobs so often in the U.S. because they are still looking for the "right" one for them. Wishing you the best for your future.

Ken
Well said Ken, and in a more eloquent way than I had stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsd53 View Post

My advice would be no matter what you do, be a good person, helpful with others, work hard, don't be afraid to pursue opportunities out of your comfort zone, and look for opening doors.

Rob
All good points Rob. If you follow this advice in all aspects of your life, you'll live a full interesting life.

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death." - Rosalind Russell

- RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."