View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 01:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Getting ready to check on last nights pour of my first mold. Have to wait till Monday to pour second half, didn't get enough material first time. And to clear up some confusion on the type of mold making I'm doing , I am doing a two piece open pour mold. Silicone mold resin casting. (Silicone rubber) the process I am doing does not require degassing of mold material but is recommended. The process of degassing is not the same as vacuume molding. This is not vacuume molding. I am using the casting method. All the vacuume that I am using is for materials prior to being poured. When materials are mixed air may be introduced to material. If material is degassed(vacuumed) for about 90 second it allows the trapped air in mixed material to be removed. Then the material is poured into mold. The mold is NOT vacuumed during the final casting process. The material used in making the mold is not as critical as the actual casting (part) resins in the degassing nature. But having well placed vent holes are in the casting application is. So it looks like earliest results will be Wednesday.