View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 10:48 AM
Green Horn

Tommy R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Peterbilt 6x6 Medium Hauler

Got my Shapeways fenders in over the weekend and they look nice! The finish will require some sanding, but I'm pleased. I can't determine final positioning of the fenders until my wheels/tires arrive, but I've begun mocking things up a bit.

Installing the TLT axle and the Hi Lift front springs moved the axle forward a bit. Technically speaking, it seems most 6x6 trucks have the front axle set back quite a bit from a standard RWD truck. Mine won't be set back that far because I'd like a bit better approach angle. It'll still look pretty accurate so I'm good with it.

I'm having a hard time determining what model Pete this most resembles. And it doesn't help that most 6x6 trucks are so tall that they have sloped hoods and mine won't. So I may be building a truck that has never existed? Really not sure. So if anyone has input on if this truck most closely resembles a 357, 359, 389, etc. please let me know!

Anyway, here's some mock up pics. Nevermind the wheel/tire choice for now, but does the fender placement look about right?

If I keep this placement, I'll add some styrene down below so the fender isn't left unsupported.