Thread: 990 cat loader
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 990 cat loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Yes, exactly like that Freddy.

That 385 motor spins about 16 000rpm with a very high quality, high reduction gearhead, oodles of power for a twenty - thirty pound model... better than any crap from Servocity or Jameco or any other surplus motor store stateside.

It looks like Anaheim Automation may have some high quallity gh motors to pick from. What do you think of the gh motors you got for your scrapers Steve? (obviously too big to stand end to end within an aluminum axle for the loader, but quality wise?)
Joe , those motors got a ton of guts . the scraper , as it is now approches 50# or more . the issue with them is , they're too long to put end to end for an axle thus the reason going diffs . The anahime motors have a week point like DP9's winch , 1 set of plastic planet gears in the planetary . Now . on my heavey hual tractor I have 75t motors with a 4:1 reduction , it will put anything you can put on it it took out 2 stock pinion gears in the rear after awhile I'm tightening the drive shafts up ( yes the set screws have tread lock on them ) it gets old my big Mack has drive line issues I have to work out yet , but it's becoming a PITA . I can make a drive line that will out do 4 drive motors , but at what cost , maybe for myself but nothing else would get done Now from what the public is showing here is becoming the winner for the drive line . now, to surce a reliable surce for the right motors . I like what I read on the motors fumotec uses . I got to buy in bulk . I'm going to be stalled on this for a little as I got wheel blanks coming to put together soon , but maybe I can get it to a digging point for january show we're having ( I dobt it ) As for Shows here I only know of 2 that use real dirt 1 close to me that I'll beat this year and Ed's St.Louis 1 . Anyhow thanks for the coments and input

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.