Thread: 990 cat loader
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 12:50 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 990 cat loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLogger View Post
Careful Guys My D8 has motors that are 400 in/oz with no problems. Picked up these to try in my next project, 500 in/oz, ServoCity http://servocity.com/html/15_rpm_pre...ear_motor.html

greg
Greg, I just received and test ran a motor I bought from Servocity today, as well. I bought the 20RPM spur gear motor (375 in/oz) and I am really impressed how smooth and quiet it runs. You really can't even tell this motor is running. Smooth as glass. I was really impressed, but I have no idea how much power 375 in/oz of torque will be. What voltage do you run on your motors? The standard seems to be 12 volts, but honestly, I test ran mine up to 18 volts and it seemed to not care one bit. It is so quiet, I was simply looking at the shaft spin, while I kept turning up the knob on the power supply I had it hooked to. When I looked to see how much voltage I was running through it, I was surprised I was well past 12 volts and the motor had no complaints!