View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 11:27 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: 777 HAUL TRUCK (1/12 size)

You didn't make a mistake Tom, you are right. A Sabertooth does the opposite travel in reverse direction, so it would not work as a differential in reverse. On a tracked machine, turning tx stick rht, turns the model rht by speeding up left track/slowing down right track (clockwise rotation), but with reverse travel the left track slows down/right track speeds up to continue turning model clockwise.

However, the Servonaut dual esc with its mixer on would maintain the same arc for/rev, so it would be ideal dual esc to make a functional differential between two motors in a tube axle... although I'm not sure if Servonaut has multiple dual escs with the higher amp ratings.

Leimbach's dual esc is the same as the Servonaut, and being that I have a couple of them in the Stahl tracked equip & a couple of other tracked equip running Sabertooth, it can be mentally confusing to run each model fluently... almost everything is Sabertooth now to keep the function the same for every model.

The only thing that would be necessary for radio programming with the Servonaut is limiting the servo travel % of the ch associated with the Servonaut's steering to + -50 b/c greater than that will make inside motor while turning try to rotate opposite direction.

That's why I like the Sabertooth in tracked equip (especially track loaders), you can spin the tracks on its axis without any for/rev travel.

Joe