View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 05:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 6X6 Quarry Dump Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmackattack View Post
Cool looking build. Im loving the walking beam set up. that will be a beast with all that articulation. I have been tinkering with a set up like that for my next truck.
I did notice the plastic driveshafts. Just a word of caution. My mack 6 wheeler twisted one of them up on the 1st day I installed it. I had to put metal ones in if I wanted to haul loads with it. same with my cab over freight truck. if i pulled my flat bed it would twist it as well. I keep them for mock ups and then purchase metal shafts for use and abuse.

keep the pics coming
Thanks Lmack, it's good to hear your back and might make the spring meet! The front driveshaft is an Axial crawler shaft out of the spare parts box (read free/payed for) I'm going to modify and use another one for the inter axle shaft since they aren't good for anything else right now. The main will be custom out of Traxxas shafts with steel ends/crosses which is what I've been running in my tri-axle without a problem yet. I've been shopping steel and I figure about 150.00 shipped, I'm guessing I'll need them eventually but free works for now
I am curious exactly where yours failed though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Nice!
Thanks Izzy!