View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 10:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Question for you guys, I'm working on front suspension,,, how I want to set it up is similar to 1:1. If I use hard brass for the suspension cylinder shaft and have bronze bushings as the cylinder, will those two wear pretty well? I need the up and down of the suspension as well as the turning for steering on same vertical shaft. Shaft is 7/8 diameter and all but about 1/2" will be in touch with bushings. 1/2" in middle for travel. Bushings are 3/4"-7/8?? Tall, so most of the shaft will be securely held. I had thought of using orings as seals and guides but after thing about it I think the orings would be shot very quickly as she is a heavyweight. I even thought about having a grease fitting on top, would be hidden by top of cylinder so that is also a way to keep things lubed and moving. Sounds like overkill but this area is going to take a pounding. (And I tend to over engineer/complicate things )