View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Pugs, as promissed, more pictures from build of 463. Built this when I had one of numerous stops in the D8 build, but this was quite easy done during 4 weekends. Opposite D8 all metal was cut by hand (plasma or cut-disk) and only drawing was a DW20/463 pic in a cat brochure that was scale up.
As with all wheeled model tyres are main problem to find. my tires was very close to size but not proto at pattern. The 463 will be hydraulic operated from D8 (have quick connections to ripper/scraper). The ripper will be on machine but shank removed when running with scraper.

The 463 was built in 3mm steel, got 2 sheets for free, they was damaged in a corner and could not be sold, ok for me!

Left side (and right side) built complete before attached to each other

Couldn´t resist to try the side with wheels

The boul basicly ready

Adding the rear with pusher plate and wheel support

The front made with it´s big tube (everything upside down on work table!)

Fresh from model factory. Cylinders was not made until a year ago, they still need the connectors to be mounted.

Some paint on it

Only picture I could find when painted and assembled. This fram a local show last year. The pallets that machines is placed on has an lenght of 4´ each, just to give an impression on how big they are. The 463 has a unloaded weight of 180lbs and should reach another 440lbs when loaded. It will be intresting to see how the D8 can load this.

Thanks for looking,
Dan