View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Started to assembly the finished parts a week ago. Got problem with return hose from blade-ripper hydraulic valves. This has to be connected to oil filter adapter first but this adapter comes rather late into the model, then it´s impossible to connect the hose to valve
Remember that I´m a office guy, have no education in metal working (well, have a 2 hour welding course 8 years ago) so it´s trail and error all the time. This is the most complicated model that I have or will build, from time to time asking my self why I choose hydraulic drive line

It´s very tight inside machine, on this picture there´s still a lot part missing. The hose laying on right track is the one that causing the problems right now. If I had mounted it ealier (or tried atleast) I have had discovered the problem much earlier. The hose was not pressed at that time, maybee that´s the reason for not beeing mounted.

Right now thinking of skipping the filter, making an new adapter that make it possible to get hose connected later on. If I go without filter I will have connectors so it´s possible to connect a outside filter from time to time to clean the oil.

Here´s the first step on assembling the model.

Front beam has rubber stops inside chassis, also rubber tubing inside the holes where side frames are connected (to make it possible to move)

Blade and ripper valves inside back of machine frame.

Tubing to blade made from brake liners. Cover above servos mounted.

Dan