View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 07:01 AM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Will try TIG on next model Steve, some friends using this is recommending it. Planned trip to Brownsville was cancelled Used weekend to continue with assembling machine to be ready for shows this summer. Planning to brake down the machine again before first start. Did get some hoses made in right lenght. Still missing in hydraulic system is a block recieving return oil from the 3 valves, connected to lower tank. Since filter was removed, a quick coupling is planned here to run oil thrue a extrernal filter occasional.

Have photo´s from each step when assembling, here´s some:

Rear end with brackets for ripper, rear transmissons case (dummy) with quick coupling with shut off function (don´t want to spill any oil here)

Hard time to mount screws holding hydraulic motor. Had to leave the 6th not installed, no way to find space enogh

Left control valve installed

Right control valve installed

Difference sizes used when assembling, from 5,5mm to 27mm!

Correct lenght of suction hoses to pumps tested. The flex connector between engine and pumps not installed yet.

Engine (Honda GX with cover painted black) and pumps installed

New cab with correct curved cab corner tested. Still has to be straighten up inside, roof and some sides has dents.

Can´t imaging that I´ve spent 9 years on designing and fabrication on this model. Of course, I have been less active some years but nowdays I´m putting in all spare time I can find. I´m very encuraged from comments and others builds in this forum, thanks guys Also selling off my 1:1 histrorical equipments to concentrate on model buildning.
Dan