View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Thanks for comments, have not posted any progress for some time, but here´s latest updates.

Muffler was completed but still needs some modification. Had to move engine a little back to get sufficient clearence towards engine compartment side plates. Couldn´t do this from beginning, had a big oil filter restricting how far back engine could come. Now with this gone engine was moved ~3/8" back.
The hole for exhaust stack is set by prototype so some minor change needed.
Will start and test new muffler within a couple of weeks. Vid coming!

New motorcycle air filter added instead of Honda filter. This gives a little more room inside engine compartment and can easily be replaced.

The drive sprockets has been like a black sheet for me, finaly took decision to let a pro company make them. They turned out very pricy but I´m still glad I did it. This way I could concentrate on other drive parts. Drive axle components has been made, hub reduction parts (mainly WARN parts and some home made) has been modified to fit, so now the drive line is READY

The track has finely got all bolts mounted, looks so much better now. All bolts was pressed into place instead of treading holes. See video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_jQ_...&feature=g-upl

The model has been almost totaly dismantled again to get some new paint, the old one was chiping off (something wrong with base paint, didn´t stick to the metal). Did use 1K paint that I have used for 1:1 machinery before, much easier to use than 2K, easier to refresh also. Vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjZQ1...re=context-gau
Will post pic later on the paint progress. Here a pic of some parts before painting. Do not have any nice garage to paint in so depending on weather (and we have had tons of rain this summer, can´t remember any other like it).

Model planned for a static display on a show next weekend, will most likely have decals also. Depending on how much time spent on my Peterbilt, the D8 should be up and running before christmas
Dan