View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Thanks guys for the responce!
No it´s not ready yet, have a lot of work to do before it can be started but will post a video as soon it´s running.
The tracks was designed in CAD to try to find a simple solution that looks like the real ones. The problem is that all commercial available chains has drive pin centered but a CAT chain has it a little offset. Well it´s a small detail but I decided that it was important for me at that time, today I have had gone a easier way.
Guess that finding suitable chain/tracks are as hard as finding tyres that can be used. To my 463 I found wheels with almost right dimension but of course with wrong pattern (I can live with that).
The parts are laser cut in 3-4-5mm steel, all parts mounted in a holder to be spotwelded and then the assembly goes inte a own to be brazed together (thats the color you can see between parts).
Each assembly is connected with a roller and 2 insex screws (next part is swiveling aroud the screw head. There will be some wearing on the parts but I think it will last for me (or I have to make new parts).
They still misses the 4 screws that should hold the plate, will be added later, but they have no function, only for the look.