View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 02:13 AM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
thats cat is sweet, but i want to see the lowboy and tractor you build to haul it!!
There has been plans for building this, but it depends on if I can get some drawings to work from. As you might know, I´m living in Sweden and we have different lowboys here, if I build one it should look like an american, Rogers or other brand. Guess it´s hard to get drawings, next option is to make my own drawings (need to go over there ). If anyone have connections to a manufactor, please let me know, don´t need production drawings, only a nice drawing showing main sizes and positions with side- top- rear view.
Have a KW drawn, as with all rolling models, biggest problem is to find tires looking like the real ones.

About electric drive, there´s always a possibility to change way of powering this model, it´s not that hard to remove all hydraulics (exept for cylinders) but you will need some big batteries to get the power. But I will try with gas engine first, if that fails, that problem has to be dealt with then.

Progress, last (?) parts on order now (Kalle, have a good supplier close to where I live, thanks anyhow) hope to get them before christmas.
Did buy some thin glass (1,7mm) sheet, will try make windows in real glass.

Dan