View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Quote:
Hello Dan this is only a suggestion but why don't you use a small air pump and a solenoid to work your ripper? Ed
Hi Ed, thanks but I don't have any more channels on RC left, the seller talked me into buying 9 ch instead of 7 ch, and they are used so I will have to use some finger force to change position on ripper.

To something complete different, you may have read about coming model mentioned above (Thanks Reg you gave me some new inspiration), today when buying some helicoil I strolled around in shop and found:

I always looks at shelfs with tires/wheels to see if there is anything that could be useful for coming models, this tire was a new addition to the store, messurments are very close to 315/80R22,5 in 1:5,6 scale:
8" tall, 4" (almost) wheel size and 3,5" wide (a little to wide for us trucks on bogie).
I know this is not a common wheelsize but if it is this or having to get custom made tires ($$$$$$$) maybee I can live with that.
Bad side is that wheel is solid but that can be an advantage when making treads. But as you see, it has a more prototypical look than most other wheels I have seen.
Anyone that has been doing tread cutting in solid wheels??
Pricetag was ok, $15. Wheels will be replaced with prototypical looking ones.

Don't know if I dare to wait and hope finding better ones or make an order for 18 pcs

At home I couldn't resist to dig into the storage to get my old drawing of a Kenworth tractor. If I build one it would most likely be a Pete 359, have a real one so no problem with getting all needed messurments.

Any suggestion or comment velcome
Dan

Last edited by D8R; 01-09-2013 at 10:05 AM.