View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Quote:
Awesome! It's funny how we all motivate one another to build more stuff! I've been keeping an eye out for large tires(8-10") as well at a local parts and surplus store and they had some a while back that would have worked for my brain fart of an idea but I didn't buy any and now they don't have them any more.

I hope you start this build soon regardless of what brand of truck you make. If it has half of the detail that your dozer has it will be amazing!

Reg
Yes Reg, know the feeling of not buying when items available. Will order 18 of those this week, 10 needed for tractor but the lowboy needs smaller ones (rest 8 for possible other trailer). Did put the tire in lathe today but wheel/tire assembly was so wobbling so it was not possible to test cut any pattern. Removed wheel, need to make a new holder for tire before testing again.

Truck and trailer will have details to, like to do those and it adds a lot of attention (easier to do in this bigger scale).

Did mill the oval holes in ripper (made of Hardox wear). Got info from my friend having a real one where to position them.

With ripper in lowest position, it will be possible of ripping 22cm/9" of material (I hope so). The weight of this ripper assembly are 22lbs/10kg now. With this position ripper tipp is almost hitting ground when ripper holder is as high it can come.

Pin puller got new pins instead of over sized bolts

Started up next part today, engine compartment with it´s doors and base for hood. This is supposed to be last parts made , after this structure I will concentrate on engine start up and last modification on cylinders/hydraulics.
Of course will door handle work as proto do, have not decided if I should do the safety lockers (no, they are to small)

Dan