View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 11:32 AM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
looks good , Dan . Any issues on milling the hardox ? I was told by the guys I know @ JMH Trailers that it's a little tough on the mill . Are you making a cap for the ripper shank ?
Thanks Steve, milling in Hardox was no problem, started with some drilled holes. I have also drilled and counter sunk holes in the cutting edges (also made in Hardox) for the blade without any problem. Tools with sharp edges seems to cut nice in this material.
Cap , sorry don't know what that is, if it should be there I guess have to make it. Any pics or description?

Quote:
Wow, you are really in building mood/mode, Dan (wish I was, too). Very nice parts!

Stefan
Thanks Stefan, yes, have been busy making this model finished, spring season coming soon and has some gardening work to do
Or maybee focus is slipping more to next model, BUT I will not start that build before this is ready.

Have worked with the engine doors, got them milled to accept hinges.

When open you have axcess to engine and checking oil. Still need the locking part inside door. Door frame should get some stabilazer side ways, doors are quite heavy, 2mm steel plate.

More steel plates in rear of engine compartment to be done and finishing the hood next on the list "to do".
Dan