View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 11:12 AM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Quote:
Hey Dan, read thru Jeff's forum, http://www.hydraulicinnovations.com/...read.php?t=449 and get some idea's for your future transport truck & trailer. I can give you idea's for hydrostatic drive. pm me with questions.
More progress on the "Kitty"
Cheer's, Neil.
Neil, thanks for the link! Have not decided what type pf power there will be in the truck, would like to have a small gas engine , like Honda GX25 or GX33 with a real gear box. Have looked at Eatons hydro parts, we'll see.
Havn't figured out how to move dozer without starting engine. Today I have to remove gears in hub reduction but that will not be practical to do every time machine is moved. Don't know how much force needed to get hydraulic motors turning.

This weekends update:
Steps om push arms was missing, did weld a 6mm steel rod on and increased height with some welds, grinding down to get the anti slip pattern.

The rear part of engine comparment was finaly done
Connection to ripper is with quick couplings (will use same outlet for scraper), was not satisfied with the small blocks, did make new longer with a recess to take strain from bolt when cylinder moves. Of course, first one was made with connection wrong

Planning for some painting next weekend on new or remade parts. Still windows to cut, make the connections at cylinders, but no more new parts on "to do" list. Goal is to have model running 3 rd weekend of june at a show north of Stockholm. If everything goes as planned it can be done but still not convinced that all hydraulic will work flawless from beginning.
/Dan