View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Wow, over 50.000 views! Could never dream that there so much interest in my build

Thanks for all nice words, keeps me going. Guess I owe you a update, no pics because nothing new to show. Did work this weekend sandblasting some components, old paint was chipping (2K). With new primer and a top layer today, went back to borrowed shop to pics up att parts, only to discover that new paint didn't dry correctly like before

Since the shop I borrowed will be in business tomorrow morning, had to bring all parts back home, trying to do as little harm as possible. This is the last time I will have a limited time when painting. So much can go wrong and it did!

Was planning for a show 2 weeks ahead but guess has to cancel that now. Will not do any repainting before machine is working.

But weekend was not totaly disaster, did find a solution on the rubber cusions in bogie assemblies. Did move the steps on push arms to a correct lower position (did not have any pics with me when I welded them last week )

By the way, said earlier that I have built this during the last 10 years, that's correct but found a drawing I made, dated to 1998 on a D8N. Lucky for you that this forum was not started at that time, compared to other builds here this is a borring slowly build!

Happy eastern
/Dan