View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 02:40 PM
Green Horn

Tommy R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Peterbilt 6x6 Medium Hauler

Sorry if this is a double post. I swear I replied yesterday, but didn't see it.
Anyhoo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRS91 View Post
Looks good, perhaps if you have someone local with a 3D printer they can make you some wheel spacers/shims? I know you can barely see the nuts but a spacer would look better and hopefully make it easier to keep all your nuts tight!
Im based in the UK but can help if youre interested, keep up the good work!
Thank you so much for the offer! I do have a local friend who offered, but felt the nuts were a simpler solution. However, I would prefer a slip-on spacer that's printed provided the thickness can be held consistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I see your tie rod in front of the drive axle, it should be behind the axle, it will steer far better behind.
Thanks for the input. I considered that, but my current knuckles don't provide for that. I would need to also move my drag link behind the axle, which would complicate things. So I'd either need to get a side mounted steering bell crank or fab up a bracket to keep the drag link up front and the tie rod in the rear. Not saying it won't happen, but it would take a bit of work.

Currently, my limiting factor on steering throw is the outside wheel. The knuckle kits the axle at full lock. However, if moving the tie rod behind the axle increases the Ackerman significantly, I could certainly see if providing a nice benefit!