View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 12:17 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

I was lucky that to replace the fried servo I did not need to take the whole contraption out of the frame. Was a bit tight, but succeeded in doing it without major surgery. Before I replaced the burned on with the one from the trailer coupling, I followed Propshafts method of cutting off a bit of the rubber around the wires. Made it much easier to get the screw in, and as an added bonus I can now get the wire away from the servo horn of the centre diff. (So thank you Propshaft!)

Just look at the difference.

So that's one very burned servo ...

All because firstly, I was so stupid not to label the plugs correctly, and secondly I didn't check the numbers on the slots small as they might be ... Lesson learned.

Guess the servo burned out because the trailer coupling was set for the full 100% sweep, thus keeping the servo trying to reach its endpoint.

All that is sorted now. Made easy peasy with the Commander Sender. Here adjusting the rear diff lock servo. Only needs about 50% of it's travel to be locked.

And the problem with the servos of the centre and front was just reversing the directions of operation.

So all servos now have their limit of travel set, so no more buzzing or juddering anymore.

Then check the tension on the pull cables and trim them to size. Adding a bit of crazy glue at the ends so they don't fray.

The liquid electrical tape I ordered arrived yesterday. Going to use that to on the LED board of the rear lights instead of the home made piece of rubber.

Last edited by Rakthi; 06-24-2015 at 12:30 AM.