View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 12:25 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

I decided to make a lil progress on the Bruder Mack conversion. I built the hydraulic tank behind the cab. This was my first attempt working with polystyrene plastic.
5 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
I made it in an attempt to hide the ESC for the dump controls. Since I got a new batch of those cheapo ESC, (The ones that DIDN'T come with instructions) from China today, I though it would be a good idea to hook up the dump controls today. When I tried to hook up the 10A ESC, I fried it AGAIN! This was the SECOND attempt to hook up an ESC for the dumper. Not only did the ESC go up in a lil poof of smoke, I managed to melt the power wires this go round.
4 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
I REALLY wanted to get the dump controls done FIRST, as I think this will be the most important, AND crucial of all the electronics. So far, it's been the most difficult to get working too.

Since I failed to get the dump electronics functioning today, I got the drive components working. That ESC went in smoothly, & functions properly. Here's a lil vid of the truck (FINALLY, after all these months!) driving on it's own power.
https://youtu.be/7Gf_7tIdtTc
I didn't have the steering servo hooked up, so steering wasn't an option, YET. I have previously tested the steering servo, & know that it functions, so I wasn't too worried about it for now.

The garage floor was wet in this video. I had just finished working on my personal vehicle a few hours prior to taking this video.

Last edited by skeeter; 01-19-2018 at 01:00 AM. Reason: R+R typo's, & added a few missing details.