View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 04:37 PM

Originalrob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Newbie Scratch Build - D575A Dozer

Hi Everyone

its been ages since i have updated my progress on the dozer but its been a crazy year and progress has been patchy.

This is basically where i have got to since the summer:

Almost ready for a test run in the dirt ! Cant wait to see it actually move by itself !
( blade and ripper still in progress)

The main time consuming work were making the second track and all the under carriage elements. Not really worth posting as its just a replica of what i had already made and extremely boring !

What can be seen in the image above at the moment weighs in at 40 kg (88lbs) and with the ripper and blade/hydro pump etc should be about 50 - 55 kg in total. I may try and see if i can rig up a makeshift blade to see how the traction works.

So going back to where i left off, i had some issues with making a right angle gearbox and initially when with this:

The gear box, axle and drive train have taken a lot of working out and time as i could not really tell if i was on the right track ( not from an engineering background) and i was worried ( still am a little bit ) that the whole things might chew it self apart.

after several trials with f