View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 06:13 PM

Tommydude88 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Possible Solution For Tracked Equiptment

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
My tracks on my 4200 xl are carbon 4 steel, if that helps any, I would like to know as well what the best metal would be for tracks. A lot of the euro Models have either brass or aluminium tracks? Not sure what grade of aluminuim though?
hi have got the 4200 xl my self and am a earthmoving business owner operator I take great pride in excavators and when it comes to scale models the 4200xl is pretty close but it needs a few mods, the steel tracks are great you want to try to keep the weight to the ground, alloy tracks are prob gona be a lot lighter therefor you will not get the traction when digging, I have also replaced the slew motor to a 60rpm motor rather than a 30rpm the digger originally did about 5rpm slewing now does 10rpm where as a 30ton excavator does about 12rpm. so the scaling is closer but you do lose out on a bit of slew power but you can move a **** of a lot more dirt when u slew faster. as far as the tracks go I think the 4200xl needs track chains with holes in the sides and the grousers need the 2 holes in the top because just not enough dirt escapes and it locks up the tracks and you do in the final drive motors all the time, I think ive gone through 4 motors already.