View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 02:47 AM

tamiya fan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First Truck Build

Here is what I looked up. Really close to these sizes. Only 1/8 = the exact decimal. A 1/16 = .0625, but close enough.

.030=1/32
.040=3/64
.060=1/16
.125=1/8

The .010 is thin but easier to cut and will work fine.(Exacto knife on this) Just don't paint the clear, for some reason (Tamiya spray paint any way) will have a reaction on the plastic and put a curve in it. I think you are doing fenders too, might be easier to go with thinner sheet so it will bend easier. I haven't done fenders before, so not sure. 1/16 inch is about the thickness of the back panel.

Also cut a backer support for the seem of the back panel, probably 1/4'" to3/8", glue it on the back of seam for strength. Don't have any pics.

Hope all this helps you out. Be creative build it the way you want and mistakes are part of it. Day cabs can be a pain mainly lack of room for all electronics, like MFC with all it's components, and where to put the battery. But people do it all the time.

One more thing, I noticed your were looking for KH exhaust stacks. Don't know if you got them but I got some from "Semi Joes Truck Shop" on Ebay. Or run a search with part #'s. Will take 3 separate parts to make this up, but sometimes people sell as a unit. Search internet, will show up from time to time. The mesh part hard to find sometimes. I had to order in 3 separate pieces and different places to get mine. Waiting and searching for weeks.

Have fun!