View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 08:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tournarocker Diversion Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensR View Post
Some things to consider:

Angle the whole assembly slighty (or a lot) upwards. This might offer a bit of space.

Use motors with non-concentric (eccentric) output shafts and arrange them so that they use the space better. (There's quite a bit of empty space between the motors now, so the motor housings could be rotated inwards with eccentric shafts.)
RB35 motors, replaced with 380/400 sized motors are a force to be reckoned with and have eccentric output shafts.
Como-Drill also makes some nice gear motors like that.
I've been looking into that type of motor you described. Pittman here in the states makes some like that. I haven't attached the drive to the toy yet so there is some room to angle about there but only 3''wide to work with. Most of the more powerful motors are getting close to 1.5''w.
Here is one that I'm considering:http://www.anaheimautomation.com/pro...tID=103&cID=46
The model R19 is looking pretty good but looks like a special order in that ratio. I may go with the R27 but may need to overdrive the secondary reduction some. My final output speed is: 35RPM but would like to see 50rpm so it won't be so boring on a long haul.