View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 07:17 PM

izzzul is on a distinguished road
Default Re: KOMATSU Excavator from Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkycuda View Post
When you do the 960E truck, the drive line can be very prototypical - a traction motor in each rear wheel assembly and electrically driven! That will be one large toy. What do you have in mind for getting tires? I've looked at doing a Komatsu HD785 truck (100 ton) in 1/14 scale, but have not found any tires that are close to diameter/width combination. Anyway, enjoying the excavator build and looking forward to the truck.

Ken
Ken,
I need a big and powerful drive-terrain/planetary gears here, still designing...size will try to come head to head with my Excav, at 1:14 scale, the length will be slight more than 1 meter, and 0.6meter in height I think..maybe slightly smaller than this, as to match all other gadgets...tires...i will custom made here, Tom (Thx Mr MODELMAN) had given me the info on the Si-Rubber mfgr, and i got the quote for the material i need, right now, to come up with the mold..before i order them, or second choice is to customize them as per my existing Volvo Dump Truck..(solid rubber and hand cut the thread)..