View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 08:53 AM

Whiskey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Earth Digger 4200xl from China

Yes, I was interested in the earth digger 4200xl. But I did read that thread on the Kat as well and that looks like a promising machine too. Basically looking for an excavator to start my hobby off and get a truck (semi-dump or dump truck) a little later.
The China Kat I found on this website:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KAT-1...839814932.html

I never dealt or even heard of this site until I started researching this hobby and the items I wanted to purchase. I am new to construction side of this hobby, never done a conversion or scratch build either. Basically I would like to obtain a ready to dig machine or one that has easy to obtain conversion kits with easy instructions. I am mechanically inclined as I was a heavy equip mechanic before a car accident ended that career...now I operate heavy machinery.

One thing I did notice, I looked for used machines as well. Found only a couple. Which means either these little monsters are very durable and reliable or people just won't part with them for love of the hobby.

I apologize to you all, I didn't realize until after I returned from work I had made this thread in the wrong section (at least I believe it is the wrong section). I meant to put it in Construction Equipment....my apologies.

Thanks again people for your help. Hopefully I, by the time spring breaks I will be breaking ground with some machinery of my own. The search continues and all help and info is greatly appreciated.