View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 02:42 AM

johnny88 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat's 1/14 4200XL Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCNewB View Post
Hello everyone. I’m new to this site and hydraulic Rc. I too, am looking for a budget friendly model. Can someone tell me about other brands. I have seen excavators start at the lowest price of 2k and go all the way up to 20k. Are 20k excavators really 10 times better. I have the huina 580, which is fair for an electric version, but I’ve been curious about hydraulic.
The only excavator I have used is the 4200XL. Digging out one pathway in my back yard I dug out and moved 2,755 pounds of dirt which equals 1.74 cubic yards. To move the dirt I used the Armageddon 8x8 dumptruck that RC4WD sells. (on average a load was 15.5 pounds, and a minimum of .265 cubic feet - hauled 177.75 loads to dig out the path way) If you have a project like mine, it is the best time you will ever have because it is intentional digging. If money does not grow on trees where you live, I highly recommend buying the inexpensive 4200xl and put your savings to buying also the Armageddon 8x8. But one warning - the 4200xl needs some maintenance work. I have posted a couple tutorials addressing some of the basics. I am about to post another tutorial but it does involve trickier repairs. The 8x8 dumptruck needs only minor attention. Another thing that is very cool about the 8x8 is that it runs in 4x4 or 8x8. SO what is fun is driving in 4x4, getting stuck, trying to get out, and then having to resort to full 8x8. It is the best time.