View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 10:06 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

I walked the JD850 out of the hole last weekend to fix the rc quick coupler, installing a new esc that has a built-in adjustable current limiter, motor draws too many amps (when the locking pins reach the end of travel) and it shuts off. Got from HeyOK Performance out in BC... thank you Kalle for putting me onto this guy.

Al Jackson of HeyOK Performance website. His products were designed moreso for the rock crawler world of rc, but some of his products will cross over into our realm as well.

https://www.freewebstore.org/HeyOK-Performance

And here today again, the JD850 coming out of the hole to travel back to workshop... it's a 15minute drive

Having just gone through the experience of the brushless pump motor bearings going out on the JD450, the JD850 was making a similar noise... with the motor removed, I can see the bearings are still intact, but feel dry & rough. This motor is 5yo - no doubt greater than 1000hrs use.

I have a Fumotec WA500 wheel loader that I got spring of '14 & have yet to put together... I just got some replacement parts for it in January b/c I robbed from it last summer to fix the B50 adt... now I'll steal the brushless motor from it & have the JD850 on it's way back to work in a couple hrs... it's good to have spare parts, especially when the parts store is on the other side of the globe!

Joe